Got a Truck You Use in Business?

truckDo you own a truck or cargo van that you use in business? Does it have a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,001 lbs. or more? If you do, you will most likely have to comply with a recent change in a Mass. Department of Transportation regulation that requires these vehicles to have USDOT numbers and vehicle markings in accordance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Administration regulations.

If this applies to your truck, you may obtain your USDOT Number by visiting the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website at You’ll be issued a single USDOT number that must be displayed on all vehicles to which the regulation applies, including leased vehicles. There is no charge to obtain this number from the USDOT- FMCSA.

You may find the General Summary of these DOT requirements helpful in determining whether the changes apply to your vehicle. This General Summary was developed by A-Affordable Insurance Agency with the assistance of a leader in employee compliance and safety specializing in the transportation industry, Fleet-Safety Services . Click here to download the General Summary. You may also want to seek assistance from a compliance company such as Fleet-Safety to avoid costly fines and out-of-service orders.

Thank you for the opportunity to share this business auto information with you. We would also like the opportunity to share how we may be able to save you money on your business insurance needs. Please stop by one of our 15 conveniently located offices or, if you prefer, you can contact one of our helpful business insurance reps by calling us at 1-800-897-2837 – X-2967. Our phone support hours are Monday—Thursday from 8 am to 8 pm, Friday from 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm. At A-Affordable, we open early and stay late for you!

Scroll to Top

Quote Request

Oops! We could not locate your form.