At A-Affordable Insurance Agency, Inc. ("A-Affordable"), we recognize that privacy is important and are committed to protecting the information you share with us. The following policy applies to all of the services we offer, as well as those offered by our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, if any.
Information We Collect
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide when you engage A-Affordable to provide insurance services, such as your name e-mail address, Social Security number, birth date and account information.
- Customer Communications: When you send e-mail or other communications to A-Affordable, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- IP Address: An IP address is a series of numbers your Internet Service Provider provides automatically. An IP address is logged by our system whenever a user visits a site. A-Affordable may use this information for web maintenance, to provide material more applicable to your needs and for security purposes.
- Device Information: A-Affordable may collect information from your device to ensure the proper version of the web site is displayed to you.
How We Use The Information Collected
- Providing our insurance services to users.
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network.
- Developing new services.
- Respond to inquiries and fulfill requests.
- A-Affordable may combine the information submitted under various forms and services to provide customers with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- If A-Affordable collects or uses this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
- If A-Affordable proposes to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may "opt-out"—or say no to—having your information shared by calling 888.658.3607 or contacting us through our contact page.
- If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
How We Share the Information
A-Affordable only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of A-Affordable in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- When we have a Good Faith Belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of A-Affordable Insurance Agency, Inc., its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- When we have unidentifiable information. We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term. Such information does not identify you.
- If A-Affordable finds it necessary to share your information with third parties, it will be in following limited circumstances:
- A-Affordable will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than is necessary to fulfill the request you made upon us. For example, we would share your information with insurance companies to obtain quotes or coverage options.
A-Affordable takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
A-Affordable restricts access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
We adhere to our information security in compliance with MASS. GEN. LAWS ch. 93H (2007).
A-Affordable processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. A-Affordable takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
To use some portions of this web site, a user must complete a registration form. This registration form requires a user to give certain personal information. This information is used solely for obtaining insurance services on your behalf and may be utilized to contact you regarding purchasing options or past purchases.
A-Affordable does utilize social media, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Youtube. Any content you provide on these social media sites is mandated by the privacy terms of the social media web sites. A-Affordable is not responsible for the privacy of any information you share or attempt to share with us through these social media web sites.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us through our web site, www.a-affordableinsurance.com or by telephone at 888.658.3607.
Last Updated: March 25, 2015